The Nike Zoom Kobe I is the first signature shoe for and inspired by the game's fiercest player, Kobe Bryant. The most sought-after black/maize colorway sold out in minutes during a special, limited pre-release sale on Nike.com and will not be available to anyone other than those lucky few who bought a pair during this sale until Saturday, February 18th, which is the official release date. But don't expect to see these shoes in just any shop. Colors like the black/maize colorway will only be available to select retailers . Technically, the Zoom Kobe I is a lightweight performance basketball shoe which features:
- Rich, full-grain leather upper conforms to the foot shape.
- Padded and breathable ankle collar offers support and comfort.
- Seamless internalized fit sleeve; carbon fiber heel bucket for lateral stability.
- Lightweight Phylon midsole with midfoot flex grooves for flexibility.
- Full-length exposed carbon fiber spring plate for multidirectional propulsion.
- Regional responsive Zoom Air units in the heel and forefoot for cushioning where it counts .
- Durable and lightweight solid rubber outsole with maximum traction herringbone pattern.